Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dr. Beulenpest: Stitching the Leather

I've cleaned up the patterns and used them to cut out the 5-6 oz vegetable tanned leather pieces.

I begin by handstitching the two left pattern pieces together. I then repeated for the right side, then joined both halves together.



Here I've stitched on one of the eyepiece trims, and am checking how it looks with the resin beak and two eyepieces. So far so good!



I have stitched on the second eyepiece trim, as well as the surround that will support five buckles for holding the mask on the head.


This is my attempt at adding a leather trim piece to ease the transition between the resin beak and the rest of the mask. It's proving awkward to fit well, and I am thinking of other ways to accomplish this. I am also struggling with the resin piece that will fit between the two eyes. Hmmm, what to do, what to do.....



1 comment:

  1. I prefer the "traditional" Plague Doctor mask as you know but this one is very cool nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete